As the fashion industry continues to propel into uncertainty, everyone is taking a shot at creating new and unconventional shopping experiences. Some of the best businesses and ideas were created amidst chaos. As Mark Cuban, entrepreneur and owner of NBA's Dallas Maverick's famously said: “wherever there is uncertainty, there is a window of opportunity”. For this month’s final article of Elite Magazine, we sat down with Elite’s very own CEO and Multi-business owner Grant Morris about his unconventional top tips for starting your own company.
1. "There is no such thing as failure, only feedback". Be prepared to take knock backs and ensure that these only spur you on to better things. Getting it wrong, teaches you how to get it right.
2. Cash is King. It serves as no surprise that the number one killer for new companies is the lack of or loss of cash. It is vital to ensure that you have strong finances behind you.
3. Take a risk. "Feel the fear and do it anyways".
4. Have a plan. Nothing ever goes to plan but without one, you have no direction.
5. Love what you do. Marry your business. Remain loyal and commit to the nurturing and growing of it.